Rustic Pie Cookies
Cookie Dough Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar, not packed
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup Flour
- 2/3 cup Quick Oats
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Cinnamon
pumpkin filling ingredients: (you can use your favorite pie filling recipe as well)
- 2/3 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Milk
- 2 tsp Cornstarch
cookie dough directions:
- In mixing bowl, cream butter, both sugars, and vanilla until fluffy.
- Add egg, mix for 1 minute.
- In small bowl, mix flour, oats, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Then slowly add to butter mixture. Mix until combined.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
pumpkin filling directions:
- In bowl, mix pumpkin, sugar, milk and cornstarch until smooth.
- You can substitute any pie filling.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF
- Using cookie scoop, scoop dough, then roll into a ball (approx. golf ball size), coating with sugar
- Place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, pressing flat. Use your thumb to indent center and spread dough slightly to 3 inch round.
- Spoon 2 Tbsp of filling into center of each cookie,
- Cookies should be 2 inches apart to allow for expanding.
- Bake for approximately 14 minutes.
- Keep cookies on parchment paper, remove from cookie sheet and allow to cool completely.