Chardonel Chicken Stew
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1.5 lbs. Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs, cut into 1 inch pieces
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 cups Chicken Broth
- 1/2 cup Stone Hill’s Chardonel Wine
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tsp Chopped Fresh Rosemary
- 2 tsp Chopped Fresh Thyme
- 1/2 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 tsp Salt
- 6 Garlic Cloves, finely minced
- 1 large Yellow Onion, cut into chunks
- 3 large Carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2 – inch diagonal slices
- 1 lb. Yukon Gold Potatoes, diced into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/4 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 2/3 cup Frozen Peas
- Add Olive Oil to a large skillet and place over high heat. Add chicken and generously season with salt and pepper. Sear and brown the meat, do not cook all the way through, this should take 5-6 minutes. Put into large crockpot.
- Next, add the following to the crockpot with the Chicken; Chicken Broth, Chardonel Wine, Worcestershire Sauce, Balsamic Vinegar, Thyme, Rosemary, Dried Oregano and Salt and Pepper. Stir together with chicken until combined. Add Garlic, Onion, Carrots and Potatoes. Cook covered on low for 7-8 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.
- Next, remove 1/2 cup of Chicken Broth from crockpot and put into a medium bowl, stir in the Heavy Cream and then whisk in the Flour until smooth, no lumps. Add back into the crockpot and stir until combined. Stir in frozen Peas and cook uncovered on high for 15-20 minutes. Stew should have thickened up. Serve immediately with toasted french bread and a glass of Stone Hill’s Chardonel wine!
- You can add other vegetables like green beans, corn, mushrooms and celery.