Champagne Cake with Raspberry Wine Sauce
- 1 box White Cake Mix
- 1 1/4 cup Stone Hill’s Blanc de Blancs or Demi-Sec
- 1/3 cup Vegetable Oil
- 3 large Egg Whites
- 1 can Whipped White Frosting
- 1/4 tsp Champagne Flavoring
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly coat the bottom of a 9 by 13 inch cake pan with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the cake mix, wine, vegetable oil and egg whites. Beat on low speed with an electric mixer until just combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with rubber spatula and continue beating on medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour into the prepared cake pan and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Make Raspberry Wine Sauce (Recipe Below)
- Empty the frosting into a small bowl and add the Champagne flavoring. Stir to combine. Spread frosting on cake and drizzle with Raspberry Wine Sauce. Slice and serve.
RASPBERRY WINE SAUCE INGREDIENTS:
- 3 cup frozen or fresh Raspberries
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 tsp Cornstarch
- 1/4 cup Stone Hill’s Raspberry
RASPBERRY WINE SAUCE DIRECTIONS:
- Thaw berries, if frozen. Do not drain. Place half of the berries in a blender or food processor. Cover and blend or process for 20 seconds. Stop machine and scrape down the sides with rubber spatula. Cover and blend or process berries until smooth. Press berries through a fine-mesh sieve; discard seeds. Repeat with remaining berries. (You should have about 1 1/2 cups sieved puree)
- In small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Add sieved puree and Raspberry Wine. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Transfer to a bowl. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Drizzle over frosted cake.