- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Yellow or White Onions, chopped
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, chopped
- 2 tsp Garlic, minced
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1 cup Stone Hill’s Chambourcin
- 28 oz can Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 Chipotle Chili in Adobo Sauce
- 15 oz can Black Beans
- 15 oz can Dark Red Kidney Beans
- 15 oz can Northern White Beans
- 2-3 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Cumin
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Shredded Cheese and Sour Cream for topping
- In a large, sauce pan or skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil and add onions and bell peppers. Sautee until golden brown and softened. Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Add ground beef and break apart with a wooden spoon and cook until browned.
- Pour in Chambourcin and increase heat to high to boil for 10 minutes, stir often and scrap any bits that stick to the bottom of the pan. Reduce heat to a simmer.
- In food processor, puree tomatoes and chipotle chili pepper until smooth. Add to pan with beans (do not drain). Stir in chili powder, smoked paprika, cumin and salt and pepper to taste. If chili is too thick, add beef broth.
- Cover and simmer for 1 hour and stir occasionally. Serve with favorite toppings and Chambourcin wine.